BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Guest Review: Bloodwood Trail, Rome, GA 2013

If you have not read a haunt review of mine before, I base my score on two things- Level of scare and price, do you get Bang for your Buck?

Can a haunt in the middle of no where, far off the highway be a success?  If you build a haunt without high price animatronics, would people come?  In today's computer age of you cannot buy tickets online, should you go?

Friday night I was on my way to a different haunt.  I was recommended by people on Main Street in Rome, Georgia to check out Bloodwood Trail instead.  This was not an easy find.  The signs are small and hand painted with a lot of wooden arrows but you do arrive in an open field to park.  There was a lot of cars out here tonight.  Warning: if you go, bring cash.  You can use plastic for the food vendor or to get a t-shirt but it is cash only right at the entrance to the trail.

Ticket price is $13 or $18 for VIP express lane.  This is a 35 minute walk. This is an outdoor trail.

You cannot even get a hint of what is to come as you stand at the entrance, a big clown mouth. Immediately they unsettle you because to enter into the clown mouth you have to get on your hands and knees. The actors are pretty well timed.  Their is not a lot of screaming, "Get Out" over and over again that bigger haunts use.

You will walk through many scenes on this trail including having to walk through an abandoned camper, not a fake, a real camper.  Their is a holding zone in the middle of this walk.  Females in the group are armed with pool noodles cut in half.  Your mission: to protect the men and fight your way out as zombies come at you through the next phase.

This is a classic haunt that I would definitely attend again.  It may not have scared me but I applaud any haunt that  can entertain me and well worth the price of admission.  If you are in Rome, Georgia this stop is a must.  I give Bloodwood Trail a 'B' and my favorite haunt thus far this year.

   Happy Haunting- "Rock"

0 comments: